Search This Blog

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Study (library environment)

I owed all my readers the two previous topic. I do remember it but just not in time of elaborating it. I am in the midst of tests, assignments, projects and dissertation. Not to forget my responsibility at work and family.


But, today my mind told me to write what it was thinking at this moment on sudden. Even this is second time I am writing it down. I am in the library and as usually happenned, the WIFI connection get terminated without notice.

This place is totally peaceful with lots of empty seat. Everytime I be here, it remembered me of my alma mater which is totally different. Before the opening hour, students are waiting outside. I do remember there is time, i couldn't get seat as all is occupied (even the leisure reading area!!).

My first semester in this university, ( I am pursuing my partime master at diferent university from my undergraduate time) this phenomenon is big shock to me. The big library but number of free seats. I don't know if my previous place is having less seat than here. But it seem relevance as in the previous university, number of courses offered is less than here. This university is times older than my previous place.

Share with you, one story of my friend during my undergrads time. She was locked in the library because of studying with earphone plugged to ear. The other different between the other two in time break. My old place, the librarian have to close the library between time near to maghrib and will be reopened about 8pm. Thus students are lining up waiting to enter the place twice; morning and for reopen period. Yes, the librarian will make announcement 10 minutes before the closure but she only hear her walkman and focused to the book. Lucky, it was the break time. Can't imagine if it was the night closure hence, she will make history or will be cinderella of library ( i guess! doing the cleaning before the morning opening)

This new place has better book and more books, journals and reading materials compare to the previous. But as I mention before, this place is rather older than my previous. But the best here compare to my previous (other than the empty seats here) is the number of pc, internet connectivity and 24/7 study area down level. Here the number of pc provided for internet browing for students without laptop in countable and new. I seldomly saw people having problem or myself having problem in finding pc if  come here without laptop. The internet connection is always ON (even sometime there is lag and break connectivity like i faced just now). Here study still can come to the library to have peaceful time doing homework or revision because of provision of study room down level. But yet student can get enter the library to have book, yet they still can get access to online database. For me that is more than great!

Whatever the good or the bad, library is still the best. Not because of I love reading (yet I am!) but the place itself. Please who are saying to stop study or tired of it ( i used to have the same tought after graduate) but my accident idea pursing study is never a regret. If before I used to blame management of their system or get hate with my bossy bos, now i get the reason of the culture and situation. Moreover, now i know how to adapt with the situation and be in the enhancement process of the new system.

Notes: I am continuing my master different with my first degree. Need to stop and read back my textbook. I have Organization Development test next week. It was great subject but real tough. PLEASE PRAY FOR ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...